Press Brake Machine: The Basics and Its Requirements
Press brake is a machine tool used to bending and shaping of sheet metals. It can bend and shape large to small pieces of sheet, plate and structural steel up to 8 foot long and 8 inch thick. The press brake machine is popular in many metal fabricating and manufacturing industries ranging from automotive to HVAC and aviation.
Why press brakes are used?
Press brakes are widely used to generate precision parts such as brackets, flanges, and other components used in various products assembly. The press brake machine offers excellent accuracy and repeatability when bending and forming metal parts of different thicknesses and lengths for any production application.
Basic features of the Press Brake Machine
Press brake machines are designed with various types of features to meet the needs of different industries. Some of the basic features are:
- Tonnage – This feature determines the amount of force that the press brake can generate to bend and shape the metal parts.
- Ram Speed Adjustment – This feature determines the rate at which the ram head moves up and down.
- Back Gauge – This feature provides for accuracy and accuracy of the bends in the metal components.
- Programmable Controls – This feature allows for the automated bending process, enabling faster and smoother part production.
Requirements of a Press Brake Machine
The requirements for the press brake machine depend on the type of parts being produced and the nature of the production process. The following items should be considered before making a purchase:
- Work Area Size – The size of the work area should be adequate to accommodate the size and type of parts being worked on.
- Operational Safety – A press brake machine must be equipped with safety features to protect the worker from accidental injury.
- Robustness – The press brake machine should be able to handle high loads and repeated use without any issues.
- Ease of Use – The machine should be easy to operate and maintain for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Warranty – A warranty should be offered to cover any defects or malfunctions that may occur during the warranty period.
Press brake machines are essential for high-precision moulding and forming and can make complex production processes a breeze. Choosing the right one is important for ensuring productivity, safety and quality control.