5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Press Brake Machine
Press brakes are valuable pieces of metalworking machinery, providing the perfect solution for creating intricate parts and components. However, with numerous models available, choosing a press brake machine can be difficult. Here are 5 factors to consider when selecting a press brake machine:
- Manual machines require feeding and unloading by the operator, while a fully automated model includes features such as automated material feeding, material support and auto-unloading.
- Carefully consider requirements, as automated models, while more expensive, can offer increased production rates and reduced setup times.
Capacity & Throat Depth
- Press brakes come in different sizes, with the throat depth indicating the distance between the edge of the bed and the ram. Consider which parts you are likely to be producing and choose a model with the maximum throat depth that fits within your factory or production space.
- Ensure to check the capacity of each model, as any press brake must come with the capacity to produce parts safely.
CNC Control System
- Press brakes with a CNC control system are ideal for repeatable parts, as parameters are easily set up and stored in the system.
- These machines can also be more easily operated and provide greater accuracy.
Accessories & Optional Extras
- Look at the features offered on each machine to determine if they are suitable for your needs.
- Extras such as motorised back gauge, enhanced clamping capacity and special tooling can help reduce setup times.
Product Support & Service
- Demo and training are essential when selecting a press brake, as is having access to service and technical support when needed.
- Most suppliers should offer spare parts and maintenance plans to ensure you get the most out of your machine.
Choosing a press brake machine can be tricky, however armed with these factors, you will be able to make an informed decision.